Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Survivor: Boulder

The team has 315 dollars per week for food. This amounts to $4.50 per person per day. Some members of the team (Liam) eat more than others and aren't really aware of HOW much they eat. This is more amusing than infuriating, to be honest; we manage just fine.

However, today Liam declared that we should split the budget into $31.50 per person per week and each take care of our own food. The more it was talked about the more people liked it. They were sold when I made a joke about people making secret food alliances (though this has been deemed against the rules).

So, no pre-existing food and no outside money is permitted. This is strictly on Americorps's dollar. I find the idea hilarious, because I think I'm going to be fine. Ned intends to eat a crate of ramen noodles.

My plan thus far includes oatmeal, bananas, eggs, tuna, bread, chicken breasts, rice, pasta, broccoli, sweet potatoes.

Vanity items include skim milk, spinach... This is going to be hilarious. I don' think Liam realizes how much peanut butter costs and he sincerely thinks he's going to be able to eat three PB&J's a day for lunch. I want to see who's going to pass out first.

2 comments:

deaDpixeL said...

Shoot man, I feel you. I am playing Survivor: Orlando. Tater tots, chicken nuggets, fried bologna sandwiches, cereal. Playing WOW again for cheap entertainment (only costs $.50 a day!)... Sometimes I feel like I am back in the hood - those are the things my poor ass family ate when we were growing up. All that is missing is Kool-Aid... hrmmmmm.....

Brittani-Jill said...

Well, I'm glad you're taking care of yourself still in a healthful manner. One thing I can always count on from you: ego and...ego.


<3