Today my team and I shoveled snow for a few hours at a ski resort that has a non-profit which helps physically- and mentally-handicapped people ski. When we finished, we all got free passes and ski rentals-- a one hundred dollar value, yours for just a few meager hours of work-- and spent the rest of the afternoon skiing. It's more terrifying than I remember; I took several falls but still had a fantastic day.
I will never forget the look on Joseph's face when he first stepped onto the ice to ice skate at my cousin Abby's birthday party: his eyes were wide and he had a disbelieving smile stretched across his face. The whole of his expression wordlessly said, "Are you fucking kidding me!?"
I think if Joseph were on skis, his head would spin three hundred and sixty degrees.
To top the night off I designated drove some of the team to the bar and when I missed it and turned around in the bank parking lot I scraped it on a ridiculously-placed rock. So that's great too
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
You got more guts than I do Robert! I don't care if I could ski for free or not, you wouldn't catch me on skis ever!
So, I've been skiing since I was 3. I propose a ski-off. I also tend to ski in a tank top and jeans. Yeah, Me>Humans.
Post a Comment