It's not precisely that using this thing is a chore; certainly I like it and it's enjoyable. It's just that it seems awfully supplementary, I suppose, especially in a time when I've been seriously considering deleting other forms of internet communications.
It's tough to stick with things like studying Arabic and volunteering when you know you're not bringing in any additional funds, simply slowly running dry. I haven't been reading like I had in AmeriCorps either. Or even watching movies or television shows. I still run, but even that's not the daily occurrence it used to be (though certainly four to six days a week is still very good overall).
Awaiting a second interview with Oakwood Hospital and/or Friends of the Rouge, and I'm hoping any tardiness on their part is because of Labor Day weekend and not because they're not keen on hiring me. I'll toss them some follow-up calls on Monday. I'd also like a formal acceptance from George Washington University but I know that's not for another month at the earliest. Alas and alack.
Oh and I got turned down for the Department of Defense internship. I need to finish this NPR internship application and apply for GWU's honors program and I don't know. Find a way to keep busy and hopeful.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment