I left with a suitcase and a backpack and came back with a suitcase, a backpack, and five or six boxes I shipped home. How does that happen? I only got my uniforms (admittedly quite a chunk of clothing, there) and three or so shirts I purchased, and a whole bunch of books-- what I thought was just one box's worth, but clearly not. I can't for the life of me figure out what all the junk going into the other four were. I mean, I see it all here, but I just... My mind is boggled.
Kat and I were trying to work out something so I could see her for the weekend in New York, at her grandmother's attestedly lovely lakeside cottage, but it didn't work out. We might try to go to my grandmother's lovely lakeside beachhouse instead sometime soon.
Joseph and Amanda left for California the morning after I got back. Amanda came over that night to see me but Joseph just slept. And that's all I've got to say about that.
Saturday was a family get-together for Adam and Sheila's birthdays, Nicole and Jeff's anniversary, and my return. I got many half-hearted hugs from cousins who then asked if they could borrow my Nintendo DS Pokemon game. Sunday was spent looking for volunteer opportunities and filling out various online applications for bank teller jobs, a reporting job, and a room service job at a fancy Dearborn hotel. I've already been shot down from two bank teller jobs.
Last night Matthew and I dressed up in shirt and tie and smoked cigars and drank a fifty-dollar bottle of scotch that he bought for my return. If that's not friendship, I don't know what is. Oh, and we're going to go to Greenfield Village this week to make my little brother make us mint juleps whilst wearing his period clothing.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment